Sunday, September 11, 2005

Vacations and air/sea and land sickness

It was a good break. The train ride was exciting...there was a vomitting episode by my little niece as she learnt to adjust to being on the train. There was also the visits made by people from the other coaches to see how the 'elite' rooms looked like. Mostly we were too excited to sleep much. O yeah, prior to the train we had a problem gettingTWO cabs to take us to the station. That was heart pounding as after finally getting the everybody in the cabs, we faced a traffic jam. We got to the station with just enough time to buy some burgers before we had to board the train.
We were offered a van for the trip to the hotel. Hey.....thats what we should look for instead of two cabs...except that the van was an oldie and it sounded more like a boat! The driver though was a friendly and efficient man and he made the trip seem short.
The hotel we stayed at had just been renovated. Mom and I had stayed there before but now it had been improved.
Yup. Did lots of shopping since the hotel was situated right where the main shopping area was. Bought some sweaters just in case I get to go somewhere cold in December.
We took a boat cruise along the river the next morning. That is definitely alot more excititng than being on a busy road with traffic. The boat man was a 63 year old Chinese and he correctly guessed Mom's age. (I dont think that made her happy though ....hehehe)
Mom, my sis-in-law and I went for a foot reflexology session. It was painful as the masseuse would rub each area of your foot to 'relieve' the pain of your body. Surprisingly it actually works as you leave feeling relaxed and refreshed. The next day mom and I went back for a full body massage. Now that was heavenly.
We managed to find several delicious food serving restaurants. THAT makes the holiday. We returned to one for dinner after experiencing its lunch. We even practically ordered the same stuff.
The journey home was exciting too. We got to see the sights as that was a day time travel as opposed to the night view for the going journey. We got a an MPV ( a large car) to fit us all in. My brother and I sat facing the oncoming traffic.....we both ended up feeling awful and dizzy by the time we reached home.....almost like how my little niece must have felt adjusting to the train ride!
All in all we had a happy vacation. I am already thinking of my next break. Maybe with my bestest buddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home