Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Condo Dondos

What a day!!! I lost my temper several times yesterday with a whole bunch of incompetent people in the business of getting my condo fully decorated and ready. Lets start with the first one.
I stopped at the supermart with mom getting a few stuff that I figured would be neccessary in trying to get the new condo clean and ready....toilet bowl cleaner, floor detergent, soaps, toilet brust, etc. Got a call from the air cond people who had already arrived to fix the installation. Drove in a rush for the next forty minutes. Arrived at condo.
There were pails and brushes at the entrance. The floor looked dirty! I was in shock. The renovations contractor was supposed to give me a completed and clean place cos today my stuff will be arriving! Called him up and gave him a piece of my mind. He sends an employee who was at my beck and call all day.
A phone call from the furniture delivery man. He estimated that he would arrive after 7.30PM. I had specifically requested early delivery at 2pm latest. I dont live there yet and need to go home for my dinner. Made a few calls to fire the people involved with sticking to what was earlier agreed. Less than 5 minutes later the delivery man called to say he was almost outside the condo building.....see how easy it is to get things done if u can lose your temper in the right directions!
The curtain man was a tad smarter. He came as promised, started hanging the curtains. Then the father and son team delivered the bomb.....there were a few pieces of the day curtain which would only be completed the next day! By then , I had cooled down a bit so I let it pass, especially since they did not request for part payment of what had already been hung up.
My condo looks so much better and almost homely.
The next day I saw the developer people and now they are fixing the problem of the missing wire. I wont be moving in so soon. But I intend to maybe sleepover some days. That's going to be exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home