Friday, July 20, 2007

Work World

Now is the time to concentrate on work (hehe....except for the few minutes I will be taking to blog this). Anyways thats what I told JAR over the phone this am.
He's decided to forgo a few travel opportunities...like a visit to some family members, a class reunion, etc. He feels that he needs to concentrate on some machines he's currently working on. I said "yes, this is the portion of the year when our work gets to be number one again."
I love my vacations. I also love my work. I guess I need both in order to appreciate each fully.
Just like I love my family over here. I also love the 'family' where JAR is. I become a better 'me' because of the them.
Once upon a time, I lived mainly for the next vacation. The time to be 'on my own terms.....no alarm clocks to wake me up, no traffic jam to determine the time I get to my destination, etc, etc. I lived for the time I get to be with the people who knew another freer side of me. In other words, I lived only a portion of the time I was actually alive. Now thats a bad way to focus your life on. Nothing is more important on your 'right-nows' as there is nothing as important as planning where you want your life to go.
Now I have decided that I will be happiest at each moment of my life.
No more thinking or saying "I will feel happier next XXX (as in when) cos thats when I will be with XXX (as in who) when we are at XXX (as in where).
I get up in the mornings feeling excited about what the day will bring. Each day will bestow on me new experiences even when I do something that is similar to the day before.
Its ok that I am not on vacation cos I get a chance to feel as happy.
Its ok that I am not physically beside the one cos mentally, emotionally we are there.
Yes, there are days that are better than others but those will not be the only days when I am alive.
Optimism is alot lighter to carry throughout the day than pessimism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home