Saturday, January 26, 2008

long distance scenario

For those who have never experienced a long distance relationship, u are probably the luckier people. Yet in many ways, u may also be the ones who have lost out on the intense feelings and experiences of meeting again after some time apart.
Somedays I get to feel so lonely that I have to scream into my pillows. I am unable to see, touch, smell or taste him for months at a time.
Thank god for the phone so I am able to at least hear him but even that is not as often as I would want to. Unfortunately he is one of those geniuses with his work. When he is 'into' setting up of a machine or program, he is lost to the real world. I have to stand at the sideline and wait for a pause of the work to get his full attention.
I on the other hand am the type who when given or driven to a task will put my heart into getting it ready within a dateline. Intense. Yup, I am that.
What happens when Ms Intense pairs up with Mr Work Mad?
Right now I have so many plans to complete, dates to set, work to delegate, family to please. Being so far apart leaves most of decision making in my hands but I know I need his OK on most of the stuff. There are many times when I am unable to reach him. Either due to the time differences ( I would never want to wake him up just for some discussion....cos I personally never want to be awoken for that purpose), or the phone is left unanswered when he is concerntrating on his projects. Grrrrrrrrr.
Emails? Yup we do that on a consistent basis. Only problem is when a gal writes she takes 5 lines to explain one small thing but a guy does it using three words!
So what is the purpose of today's writing? Complaining? Letting off steam?
Some of the above perhaps.
One thing about our relationship is there is a give and take practice between us. Sometimes I give 70% and he gives 30% but then I take that 75% from it as compared to him taking only 25%.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home