Wednesday, January 23, 2008

First Step

JAR took the first major step today. He spoke to my mom about us.
Mom and I went to a nearby restaurent for breakfast. This is our routine for the weekends. Today was a public holiday so we decided to have breakfast before a shopping stint. As I was parking the car, my phone rang. It was JAR who was on his way home from work. (see the time differences between our place of residence?)
The program that JAR is currently preparing is causing him some problems so I actually hadnt heard from him for a few days. There were emails however to keep the connection on.
I was trying to talk to JAR and give my breakfast order from the menu at the same time...and decided that it was safer to pass the phone to Mak for JAR to say hi.
Actually I had informed both mom and JAR a few days ago that they probably need to talk to each other. I didnt think JAR would choose this moment to do so. I do know that they were both nervous about what to say to the other. I dont know which of the two was more scared! JAR on what to say, mom on whether she could understand JAR over the phone or whether he could understand her eastern english.
I heard mom say " thats a good idea!"
Later I found that it was in response to JAR's telling her about our marital plans.
I guess any mother would be pleased when approached by a guy for her daughter's hand.
Mom was as pleased as a cat who just had a dish of tasty full cream milk after that call.
I texted JAR a message thanking him for making my mom happy.
There are many more hurdles to go thru after this.
But this is the FIRST step.
JAR did it! And mom understood him!
I am proud of them both!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home