Thursday, January 17, 2008

Building a home

Can any house be a home? I guess it can cos when some one builds a house (even like the one above), they do intend to make it a home.
JAR and I each have our own houses in our countries. Of course he no longer owns the big beautiful castle like house that he built. A divorce does that to many people....u end up fighting over material stuff in an attempt to make up for your emotional failures. In this case, the house ended up being sold and guess who got the profits? Yup, the unscrupulous lawyers!
Frankly, I prefer a JAR without that house. I know he did have alot of attachments to it; having spent many many parts of his life building it, plus getting into debt in the process. However, that house also is very much a part of his previous life.
For us to start ours, we have to find a new one.
My condo is waiting to have its owners fully utilise it. Its a beautiful (in my eyes), functional place that has the wind blowing into the family room via the glass balcony doors. Currently it is under utilised. I use it over the weekends mostly cos I cant bear to leave my mom alone in my late dad's bungalow. I have a couple of spare rooms so family visitors are always welcomed.
JAR currently stays with BWR at his town house. This arrangement was initiated during the castle-house divorce saga phase. BWR has empty rooms and welcomed his brother who was going thru a difficult period to stay. They make good housemates. Each with his own eccentricities yet they care for each other in a way only brothers could.
I suppose that arrangement would have to undergo a change when JAR has new ties made. For the short term, I believe the arrangement would still be suitable. However I always remember my late dad's story of how grand dad was so proud of him when he had secretly arranged for a house immediately after he married mom. Grand dad's words were...all new couples need to have their own private nests, away from their parents and families. Thats the right way to start your family.
It doesnt matter to me where we end up calling home. Home is where the heart is. My heart is where my loved ones are. We dont need a huge house ( I have repeatedly told JAR). I dont want to spend too much time cleaning a huge space. Sometime simple, comfortable, functional, clean and always full of love. Can anyone direct me to this place?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home