Monday, January 14, 2008

Nine year proposal

We've discussed many areas of the future. Some gets repeated, some lead to arguments, some gets us happy as we reminisce.
I wonder if all couples do this before they make the final decision to get married?
We've agreed that the proposal that happened 9 years ago holds valid.
Allow me a few minutes to relive this experience.
We were at the Butterfly Park. It was JAR's second(?) visit to my place. We had been to a Bird's park prior to that. At the Bird's Park I had accidentally sat on a bench covered with bird poop. My jeans were all dirty and JAR helped me to clean it while he laughed at the sight I made. I was trying my best to look dignified but you never can look dignified when your butt is covered with poop.
We later went to the Butterfly Park. There werent many people around cos it was not a weekend or a public holiday. We moved under nets, looking at the many species with their beautifully colored wings.
The surroundings were beautiful. It was peaceful and quiet. Perfect setting.
We reached a wooden cabana area. Suddenly JAR went on his knees and asked me the question. I was surprised. I never did answer him. I remember that I hugged him.
Now all that happened years ago. Truthfully, the question was not asked at the right times of our lives. We both had alot more to deal with before we were ready for the other.
There were crazy lawyers to deal with, sale of properties to take place, deaths to overcome, aligning ourselves with each other. Yes, many many years before that question would get the right answer.
But we both remember that it was asked. And it was asked with deep sincerity of the heart. Maybe now the time is more appropriate. Maybe its time to answer the question positively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home