Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Discount vs cheapo



Most of my stuff have been moved to the new condo.

I did get quite a few new stuff more than a year ago ....the kitchen, the living room, the master bedroom, the spare bedrooms, the study all have brand new (as in a year old) furniture and equipment. However I also have my stuff from my mom's house that I had to transfer.


Actually I just bought a new cabinet and I made a deal with the transporter of the furniture. I told him that he was going the same way anyways, so he might as well help send my stuff for about 60% of the price he would have otherwise charged. He agreed and we both had a win/win situation.


I am almost always game for a special or discounted price. JAR learnt to ask for a discount after he got to know me. After all if u dont ask u will never get it. My brother on the other hand (in my opinion) has taken the discount concept to a new cheap level. He wants the contractor to get the bathroom done cheap. I say u pay peanuts u get monkey's job. Now that his bathroom is almost ready he is finding that the cheap materials used is displaying itself both functionally and esthetically. (BTW the pic is NOT bro. Hehehe)


Poor brother! Both he and SIL have their hands full at the moment. Their trusty old maid has just completed her contract and left for home. The new maid who has been in training for three weeks upped and ran away the very next day after the old maid left. Well, not everyone can handle a job looking after two little girls all day.

My view is maybe she left cos all of us had been praying hard for the two little ones. We were worried that they might miss old maid too much. Maybe God answered by removing the new one who obviously cannot handle the job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home