Tuesday, July 15, 2008

my favourite boys






My sister and bro in law were away in London cos he had a meeting to attend. I had volunteered to drive my nephews (my favourite boys) to their school, tuition, etc. I spent the weekend at my condo since it is only two roads away from second sister's house.


Phew. Driving nephews equals fun.....but lets see what happened.


I did not know the way to their new school. No problem. The kids are big enough to direct me. That was the easy part. They had a cross country run on Saturday. After sending them at 7am I drove back to the condo after agreeing to pick them up at 11.30am. At 10.15am youngest nephew gives me a call requesting that I pick them up at 10.45am since they were almost done.


Happily I drove towards the school going the very way we went. Oh Oh....what have we here? Road work signs suddenly appear. The road works people had closed the road and had begun work. I knew of no other way to get to the school. I made a big turn driving and looking out for possible roads. None. I drove into the next road and turned back to the only road I knew. I actually drove thru the tarred hot half done road. Luckily the work men were not at where I was driving. I got to the school and got my nephews.


Later that evening I was to send eldest 16 year old nephew to tuition. Then I took the younger two boys for swimming at the condo.


We all decided to have pizza for dinner after picking up eldest nephew. The only problem was I did not know which pizza parlour to go to. No sweat. The boys had their favourite one which of course had to be across town. Luckily upon picking up the eldest boy I turned a corner and lo and behold we saw a franchise of that pizza parlour right before our eyes. We had fun eating, chatting and laughing over lasagne, pizza and sandwiches.


Isnt it great that I am able to communicate with the younger generation?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home