Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011 - first challenge

I shall work until lunch hour tomorrow.
There are some things there I need to settle.
Then come lunch time, I shall return to my condo.
My eldest sister is due to give me a ride to the hospital.

Yes it is almost time for the surgery.
Friday.
This is 2011.
But it is almost like 2009 all over again.
December 2009 = January 2011
Another time to go under the surgeon's knife.

Let me relate the 'crusade' that I had against the insurance company.
Right after they set my operation date, I went to book the hospital room.
Asked them to check my medical benefits as per the insurance company.
To my shock I was told I needed to pay first and make my claims from the insurance later.
I am aware that that is the modus operandi of some insurance companies but I have the same one that I had in 2009 when they settled my bills with a guarantee letter so i did not need to fork out a cent.
The insurance company claims that the teaching hospital is not on their list of panel hospitals so THAT is the reason I need to pay first.
Rubbish is my view on that excuse.
I made many phone calls and actually went to see whoever I thought could help me fight my case.
Finally this evening I was informed that the insurance company has agreed to make an exception for my case.
They will pay without me having to pay first.
I hope they will seriously follow this through.
I will know tomorrow.
For now I shall still be wary.
They can always change their minds.

I have a lot of energy when I am tensed or angry.
Right now I am both.

Thank you Roem for ur doa (prayers).
I actually find that this time around I am getting 'help' from people who do not even know me in person.
I am humbled by this God's gift for me.

Yes, I am pained by the could-not-be-bothered treatment I am getting from someone who I thought I mattered to for more than 13 years.
Not an email. Not a message. Not a phone call.
He was one of the first people I notified of what I needed to go through yet again.
Just a short note in reply.
So there.

However, I am getting support from so many.
I really appreciate every single kind thought and word.
God bless u all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

dear june.. it is thursday here in canada and so it is almost eight i'clock am in malaysia and so i am praying!
i am glad that you won the battle with the insurance company...love terry

7:49 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

dearest june...i pray that everything is ok with you...love terry

12:45 PM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Thanks Terry!
Getting better by the day. All is good. :-)
btw did u receive my email with the pics?
This year Chinese new year falls on 3 and 4 February, i think!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home