Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas clean -up

My niece had her kindy graduation on the 23rd so I took Christmas eve off from work.
We all had a fun time at the concert cum graduation ceremony.
The next day I spent time with my mom and my nieces.
We shopped and ate at our usual spots.

I then left for my condo and was wondering what I would do for the next two free days.
Of course I had work to do but I only had my netbook with me so I could not use that to get the info from the CDisk. I need my laptop or computer which i had left at work.
It was Christmas after all so I should not be doing too much work, right?

I woke up Christmas morning with an idea that I wanted to clean up my wardrobe and donate so many unused clothes to charity.
I thought that would just take me a few minutes but the cleaning up grew in proportions. I went from one area to the next.
I do have lots of stuff.
I remember on an Oprah show which tells us that if u haven't used an item for 12 months u do not need to keep it.
Well, I had some stuff that had not been used for longer, I am ashamed to say.
Now I have one big box and one small box of 'to-give-away' stuff and two large black garbage bags for 'to-throw-away' stuff.

My eldest sister has the contacts for charity give-away.
Tomorrow I plan to go send them all.

I did not visit friends who celebrate Christmas but I had an enjoyable day.
I sweated. I have a cleaner wardrobe. I have more space.
I feel good at the end of the exercise.
Hopefully someone else will also get to feel good about receiving the still-good clothes soon.
I had a good Christmas Day even tho I did not think I would.

P.S.
My sister and her family are back from their Cairo Cruise.
Her youngest son has just gotten his exam results and he did very well.
Congratulations, nephew!

1 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

dear june...i think that there is nothing more enjoable than a kindy graduation...so cute..i hope that you took a lot of pictures..after all you are the auntie...i have no children but i have literally taken thousands of photos of my many nieces and nephews..more than their own parents..ha!
it is all right to have a lot of clothes june, especially when you are so little like you and can still wear them!
i myself just had a few but i did keep some smaller sizes.
bernie and i have both lost over 30 pounds in the last six months or so.
it is not a matter of pride that i did but it was a matter of being more stable on my feet because i really don't want to use a cane until i really have to...i have mytonic dystrophy...
i can understand your not visiting friends who celebrate christmas, but i sure would have loved to at christmas eve to have seen my nephew's girl friend at the golden yearly christmas eve gathering...oh she is so beautiful june...she is a canadian muslim girl who with her family came from aftrica., to live in niagara falls canada

so glad that your nephew did so well...he is a smart boy!

take care june...love terry

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home