Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thoughts for today

Its time for my short Australian break already, yet I am not finished with work.
In fact I just started a whole new big project that will take 4 to 5 months to complete.
A part of me is too tired for this but another part is all driven by the newness of it.

In a way I am glad to be so busy that I do not have too much time to think or ponder over other stuff.

I am so thankful that things with JAR is on a very good level (sometimes I do wonder what I have done right to deserve this?)
What I have realize is that one of the most important things to look out for in a guy is his level of maturity. Try to match urself with someone who has a level of maturity that is higher than ur own. U will thank me later for this advice :-)

I am also thankful that my mom's spirits is improving.
I have acted as the 'bad daughter' who refuses to accept her excuses.
Always telling her the importance of continuing to be independent.
My mom had developed some sort of a phobic behaviour since her last health scare. She has long ago overcome the actual health issues but the psuchological aftermath is something else.
Today over the phone she told me that she had driven this morning!
She had the maid with her but the wonder of it all is she actually drove!
Its been months since she did that!

OK. Now that I am almost done complaining about my being busy and being thankful for what is good in my life today, I think I shall have my Australian adventure with a huge smile!

2 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

hi june...i am so happy for you that you will enjoy your vacation..
i am so happy for you too about jar.
i often wonder myself what i ever did good to find such a good boy as bernie. we have been married almost 39 years and it just gets better and better. sometimes i don't know HOW he puts up with me..but i won't ask any questions..ha!
as far as your mom driving..that is just great. you did very well encouraging her..i feel guilty sometimes the way i have to get after mom golden but if we didn't junie, where would our moms be?
..in some nursing home or something?..we have to encourage them to keep on keeping on and in the long run...look! here your mom is driving and here my mom is taking computer lessons from bernie and doing really well!..and she will be 81 in february!

junie you are so far from being a complainer!...and as far as jar..you know what?..he is wondering how he ever met such a nice girl as YOU!....love terry

2:55 PM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
I will be going for my mammogram and then my vacation begins!
I am looking forwards to the change and spending some time with my eldest sister's family.
I get along famously with my niece and nephew so we'll probably get into some mischief along the way!
It will be good to be away from work and the routine.

I have had quite a 'distracting' year but I find myself getting into a more 'defined and focused' state. So, things are really improving and getting better :-)

I will try to blog from Australia (if I can get internet where we stay!)

Hope all continues to be well with ur mom and dad and Bernie...and U!

June

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home