Saturday, December 04, 2010

Australian trip 2010 -part 1

I am at the hotel lobby making full use of the free Wi Fi.
Its the second night of the trip and so far the good times exceed the blah ones.

Its my first time traveling over several days with my sister's family.
By nature, my eldest sister is kind of a stress giver.
She is a good person but is more highly strung than average.
I love her as a sister but I do need an 'out-time' after being in her company for a couple of hours. Hehehe.

We had a wonderful flight that took more than 5 hours.
Being in the Business Class made the journey that much more enjoyable.

The hotel we booked in situated very close to the shopping areas so we are out walking around until the shops are closed the first and second day.
We walked all over the place, took buses (this is FREE too!).

I am enjoying the times I spend with my niece and nephew.
We can communicate as adults.

Tired right now cos its been such a full day.
More later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

oh june...it sounds like you are having such q good time...and just to imagine that you are with your family
this is a trip that your niece and your nephew will never forget!
so nice about the freeby..the wifi !
all that walking is going to make you skinny junie.
god be with you love terry

1:28 PM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
It was a good trip and we really had a fun time.
Came back and discovered that I really have a lot of work to do now.
Taking it a piece at a time.
I went for a mammogram just the day before I left on the trip and unfortunately they found a solid mass. Looks like I need to go for a biopsy test before the year ends. Bummer.
Well, there's a time and place for everything so I shall take it in my stride.
Hope all is good at ur side of the world, Terry.
Laters.
June

6:03 PM  
Blogger airmataemas said...

Hi J, which part of Australia are you/were you in? I used to live in Australia from '94-'96. In the beginning I thought it was rather dull, esp living in nowhere Canberra! But I travelled quite a bit and in the end found my stay very rewarding albeit too short. Sorry to hear about the upcoming biopsy. Hope all will be well. My prayer. Salam.

11:06 PM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Salam Roem,
Ur lifestyle of living all over the world reminds me that of two of my late uncles who were ambassadors.
I used to envy my cousins who got to live abroad then but now I realise that it must have not been that easy for them at that point or the readjustment when they returned.
I had a short vacation in Perth and it turned out better than I had hoped.
The biopsy thing stays at the back of my mind. Had gone thru one same time last year and I pray that it will turn out as benign this time too. Insyaallah.
Thank you for ur prayers. I really appreciate it.
J

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home