Thursday, January 06, 2011

Cyber writing

I created 'Cyber Me' as a place to express myself.
I have always loved to read and write.
As I grew up and got more 'educated' I found that I had less time to read what I loved to read cos I spent more time reading what I had to read.
I wrote more too as I worked but it was not stuff from my heart and deep feelings.
My late dad used to write in his diaries which I thought was cute - he wrote about the simple things that happened daily.
The internet came along and Lo! Be Hold! U could publish and let others read what u wrote AND still remain anonymous.
I had found the place perfect for me.
I started writing, initially believing I wrote just for me.
I did not need to censor my thoughts and feelings.
I just never write real names involved.
Then I got comments on my blog.
It did give me a good feeling that I was actually being read.
I made friends with the respondents.
Some came and went, disappearing leaving no trace.
But there are those who do stick around for a bit.
There is Terry, my Canadian friend.
She is a nice housewife who has many internet friends.
She has many challenges in the IRL being but she takes the trouble to stay in touch with my blog.
Roem is another friend on the internet too.
I used to peek at his interesting blog and had made a comment or two.
Then I got busy and did not go for a bit but Roem took the trouble to look me up here.
I appreciate the kindness of these two never-met-before-IRL friends.
The only trouble is that I am a bit more careful of what and how I write in 'Cyber Me'
Its like I am unable to be too rude when I know I have friends watching me here.

Right now I have some issues to settle IRL.
I may not be able to respond as I normally do.
Many times I felt I needed to really let off steam here, maybe even say a swear word or two in the process.
But I haven't. I didn't.
I need to write. I need a bit of space too.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

dear june...that is ok..to me when you are letting off a little steam..believe me i don't even notice it and you are one of the most unrudess person i know...
you are the best!...love terry

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home