Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Emotional operational results

I read in the papers today that a local celebrity was taken to court by his wife of over 30 years for divorce.
He refused to divorce saying that his wife's doctor had pre-warned him that she would undergo some form of emotional instability after her operation for ovarian/womb cancer. She says they have irreconcilable differences.
if what he says is true, he has my respect for hanging in there thru the bad times.
For me, reading this piece of news was like having a light bulb being switched on in the dark room that I have been in.

I have had two operations in the past two years.
Thank God, both removal of whatever was there proved to be non cancerous.
I have physically recovered even though I still have follow-ups to contend with.
Nobody (not even me) realized the impact of this on my emotional state.
I went thru a phase of saying that I have that I need to live my life to the fullest, take chances and even do things that I may not have dreamed of doing prior to that.
That had some wonderful outcome but it also had some not so healthy results.
It did mean that I 'lived' a fuller life within the short span of time.

I also experienced emotional lows and still do.
I have never spoken about this to any medical doctors and have no intentions of doing so in the short term.
I tend to feel hurt more easily especially from those closest to me.
I am lucky that many of them still stand by me even after such reactions.

Are all these only because of having been in a position of being at the cross roads of life and death?
Or is it further compounded by the hormonal changes of age?
I really have no idea.
Maybe it is all of the above.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

dear june...i am just leaving mom and dad golden's place, but when i get back, i am going to write because i really miss you!...love terry

6:58 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
Will look forwards to that. :-)
Hope all is well with Bernie and u.

June

7:31 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

hello there.. i.finally have found the time to write my malaysian friend!
it is two o'clock in the morning here but no matter...i will just sleep in tomorrow.
bernie and i are doing all right.
he has to go for his colonoscopy next week and i sure hope that he will be ok...colon cancer runs in his family.
i hope that you are feeling ok yourself, junie...i wish that whoever is hurting you that they would just cut it out..i hate to see you being hurt..you, yourself would never hurt a flea and you have such a tender caring heart for others.
you nieces and nephews adore you because you are never too busy to give them the time of day and to play with them!
that sure is too bad about those celebrities getting a divorce after being married for so long..are you referring to mel gibson and his wife?..it is especially sad if the break up involves children.
i am so thankful that both of your operations were successful, june but i can see how it would make you feel down some days.
.i get like that myself sometimes, especially when i can not walk a straight line and when i can't get into the car so easily and i sure would like to run like i used to...ha!..i guess i will always have a kid's heart for having fun.
i think that you are too young to be experiencing hormonal changes june...it is just normal to feel low sometimes...at least god understands and loves us so much that we can run to him with our sad hearts and he will fix them.
you just take care of yourself junie and don't be taking on to your shoulders all the cares of others..give yourself a little alone time where you can think and where you can dream..
say hi to your mom for me and give her a canadian hug!...love terry

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home