Thursday, March 17, 2011

Medical tests

I got up at almost 3am this morning.
My body clock woke me up as it automatically knew my mind wanted me to be up.
I immediately grabbed my hand/phone and true enough there was a text message.
I was told earlier that the info might be sent via my email and I could check both through my hand/phone but it was there in text message.
It simply said that it was NOT a tumor, just a couple of cyst.
Those were such wonderful words.

I had been praying and hoping that it would not be anything potentially bad.
My VIB (very important buddy) informed me a couple of days ago that he had done an ultrasound test as recommended by his doctors.
And I am most thankful yet another potential disaster has not materialized.
A couple of years ago, it was a Colonoscopy
test that was ordered because of their family history.
These are important people in my life so, of course I worry when there is a medical test to be taken.

When u are worried about one particular problem and it gets solved the best way it possibly can, u are filled with thankfulness and may even feel that u could not worry as much ever again ....until the NEXT problem crops up. :-)

This time, however I do know the next problem before even before this one is solved.
But I believe I am ready for it.
I shall continue praying and whatever God decides is whatever He knows is the best outcome for the future.




5 Comments:

Blogger akumangkok said...

After reading the good news, I immediately made a LD phone call. That is all worth the drwosy feeling from lack of sleep today :-)

10:25 AM  
Blogger airmataemas said...

Happy for you June. Keep up the spirit. I am a rather work-stressed of late and kept thinking of throwing in the towels...Had a great acupressure massage today at the recommendation of a freiend and I feel so good again. Dunno how long it will last. Have a good weekend!

9:18 PM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Totally understand the work stresses that plagues our lives. Yet, without them, we prolly would not rise way above what we originally thought we are capable of.
Glad u had the massage to relieve some of that stress. I try to do that too sometimes. Yes, it helps and yes, the effect is temporary.
btw, I just started on Tun Dr. Mahathir's Doctor in the House! I am enjoying it tremendously but being a hard cover with 809 or more reading pages, it really is too heavy to lug around.
I sincerely hope u will not throw in the towels without a big fight (which I know u r capable of :-)
Have a good weekend too, Roem.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

dear june..i know not for who but i feel happy about the news that "it is not a tumor!"
bernie is scheduled next months for a colonoscopy...history of colon cancer in his family.
this will be the third one he has had...last time they had to take some polyps out and they were benign but his doctor still wants to keep his eye on him...we were going to cancel the appointment because we thought that bernie would be having radiation but seeing as he will not be we will ask his cancer doctor if he should just keep the appointment or not.
you are so right that when god has answers our prayers in a positive way that although we are so thankful, it doesn't just spill over to the next problem we pray about...we still have that worry..how hurt the lord must feel sometimes but he still forgives us and makes things right anyways!
well junei it is six twenty in the morning in malaysia thursday morning...i wonder if you are still sleeping..i hope that you are getting your proper rest.
is it hot over there?.... because if it is, i can fly you a whole load of this spring snow over!
brrrr.......
take care..love terry

6:27 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
It has been raining daily here for the past week....not as bad as in LA where 10 inches of rain was recorded!

Some good come out of every yukky situation.....see, I get to have ur comments gain just cos of that bad cold snowy weather u r having! That is a positive outcome!

June

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home