Sunday, February 13, 2011

another weekend

I had to attend a three day conference at work last week.
It even cut thru my weekend so by the end of it I was really tired.
Went to mom's late Saturday and found that my nephew who had returned from Egypt was spending the night there.
That helped to lift up my weekend as we had lots to chat about.
Sunday morning mom and I went t5o the hypermarket and did MAJOR shopping!
Nephew and brother went for a game of badminton at the club.
Nieces had their religious classes.

At the hypermarket I got several texts.
My sister,thinking I was at my place, invited me to join her to visit one of her sons at boarding school.
Too bad I had to turn down that offer cos that would also have been a lot of fun.
Then i got a text from a friend.
Our mutual friend who had adopted a down syndrome baby twenty one years ago had lost her special child due to hole-in-the-heart.
The mother is a lovely lady, and I know it must be very hard for her.

This weekend another friend also was in touch with me via the phone.
We were in constant communications in 2010 but had sort of drifted apart since the begining of this year. It was nice to find that we still 'clicked' even though the dynamics of our friendship had shifted.

As is my habit, I plan my vacation way ahead of time.
So as busy as I have been, I am starting to mentally work out my vacation plans for middle of this year. Plane tickets fluctuate so I have begun to keep an eye on them....and will book when it reaches a low.

After that I have a whole lot of paper work to get done as part of the procedure.
Last year was Alaska and it was an exceptional holiday.
We have not really decided what to do this year.
One suggestion was to just not worry abou it, get in the car and travel.
Sounds good to me.
Even if it is still almost half a year away.

2 Comments:

Blogger airmataemas said...

Salam Maulidur Rasul June. May we all be especially bleessed by the Almighty on this special day. Am not doing anything special today, will check on my Putrajaya house, have lunch at my favourite Malay foodstall in Alamanda with my colleaque Rus, then go to Sungai Buloh and get some trees/plants for my new house. Opted out from a friend's birthday dinner tonight, don't like crowded dinners lah. Have a pleasant and blessed day.

9:21 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Salam Roem,
I spent my Maulidur Rasul morning preparing stuff for work (just finished it and am proud of myself :-)but I am meeting two of my nephews and a niece for lunch.
THAT will my day's highlight!

Wont be going to my mom's today but I have made the appointment to take her to the dentist on Saturday.

I just love having a day off in the middle of the week even if it means I will need to catch up on the work after that.

Hope u have lots of fun today too :-)

June

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home