Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Egypt unrest

There is unrest in Egypt.
The people are unhappy with their president.
Maybe he has been there for too long.
I dont know.

I have lived in country where we have had a prime minister who was in power for many years too.
He helped us change our paradigm of thinking..
However, after he had been in power for a while, there were people who thought he was there for too long.
Like the first prime minister, this man also gracefully left his seat.
It was after he left and we had a weaker replacement did people really appreciate the good that he did.

How does the situation in Egypt affect me?
It does on a personal level.
My brother's son is there.
He went just last year to do medicine.

I called my mom, then my sis-in-law to know whether he is ok.
SIL said she was unable to contact him.
Then I tried on my phone and was able to speak to him.
He sounded a little disoriented (it was way past midnight where he was)
Time difference.
It was good to know he is ok but we need to get him out of there before the situation worsens.

That is what we are working on now.
He needs to be safe first.
We will worry about the rest later.

It was possible (yesterday) to get fight tickets.
They say that the airports are also chaotic.
I pray that things will be stable enough for planes to land and take off.
A few more days before his flight.
Prayers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

..we have been reading about it here ...such a sad situation...praying for your nephew's safety dear june...love terry

1:23 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Thanks Terry.
We are hoping to get him out soonest.
He is still very young, having only left home for the first time about three months ago.
Thanks for the prayers.
June

5:53 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

dear june...i just wish that your nephew was home safe and sound with you guys for the holidays.
i put your pictures on my blog but i feel a little sad because of your nephew.
the times are so perilous in egypt..
oh for the day when there will be peace in this cruel world!
love you junie!.....love terry

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home