Saturday, February 05, 2011

Safely home.

My nephew arrived home safely this morning.
All my siblings and all their families were at the airport to greet him.
He looks great and is in hign spirits.
But even with the few minutes that we had at the airport there were many scary storiesto share.

There are stories of death of civilans in the hands of the escaped prisoners.
There are also stories of how the students banded together for safety.

When my nephew left three months ago I told him that he will face some challenges cos when he comes back, he would no longer be a boy but prolly be a man.
I didn't know it was only about 4 months later that he would return.
And yes, he has grown up too.
He has faced challenges he never dreamed he would in that short span of time.

At least he is safe.
My mom is happy her grandchild is home.
His mom and dad are happy their child is home.
And I, his aunt am estatic that my nephew is safely home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

oh i just read this june and i am so happy that your nephew has returned safely...he is one of god's miracles!...
how happy for your mom and his mom and dad and you and the nieces!!
you will never forget THIS chinese new year, eh?.........love terry

10:50 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
Yup, this has been a great Chinese New Year for me even tho I do not celebrate it.
It has been a great long weekend and I have had such wonderful times with my family.
Makes me hopeful that the next year will be a good one (God willing!)
Work will soon take centerstage and I might be working weekends too.
Its ok. U need to taste the downs in order the appreciate the highs.
Hope u have a good weekend too.
June

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home