Sunday, March 06, 2011

pleasure and thoughts

Today I passed on an opportunity that would have given me (undoubtedly) physical pleasure.

One group of people would say it is sad to miss on something that does not come about on an every day basis.
Another group would applaud me cos it is 'the right thing to do'.

What do I feel?

Right now I am still too close to it so my opinion is subject to changes on a minute-by-minute basis.
The opportunity perhaps should not have been wasted.
The after math should also be considered.

What I do know is I am my own person.
I may live in a society where there are strict norms.
I may love living the life that I do have.
I may appear to conform to the requirements of society.
But I know that no one controls my mind.

Many people go thru life not realizing that they do not have control of their own thoughts.
Every thought is based on what others tell them, or what the law tells them, or what books written by others in times before theirs that tells them or maybe.....even what they perceive their religion tells them.
I do go by what each of the above tells me, yet I do have a place in my mind where I can think and decide for myself if I agree to do so.

Rested this weekend.
Maybe that is the best thing to do cos next week will continue to be busy times at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home