Monday, March 28, 2011

Why I need 'alone' time.

Never realized this until recently.

I used to believe that I was a 'people' person.
Yes, the kind who loves being with others.
Probably I still am; cos I do enjoy being with family, friends and even strangers who soon after would no longer be a stranger.

As I mature, I found that I do appreciate 'alone' time.
Time when I am allowed (by myself) to do what I please, think as I please.
I find that I am rejuvenated by this.

There are even days when it is not the matter of being 'rejuvenated' but just the matter of pure 'survival'.
My 'presence' has been needed by some members of my immediate family recently as they underwent some turmoil.
I did not need to be a big 'player' in the situation - just to be there for love and support.
We are still at that stage and I think this will take a bit more time.
Loving and giving is not a difficult job.

Still, at the end of it, I needed time on my own.
To just be able to 'breathe'.

Work-wise I am coping pretty well.
The 'project' that I said would take the X number of months is almost at its end.
I have survived it, even tho I still need to follow-up for months to come.

Life on the whole is going well.
Never perfect but I will settle for 'manageable'.
I am o.k.
I am good.
:-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

so glad you are ok and you are good june.
you certainly don't deserve to hear my, "woe is me's", eh? but i am sorry...you are going to!..ha!
later!! that bernie just popped in and so i will have to return....love you!..love terry

11:47 PM  
Blogger airmataemas said...

Hi June, you wrote in your profile 'my own company is not that great'. That's not very assuring June, but I see now that you are beginning to realise the positive side of being alone. I have lots of friends and family members and I appreciate that and enjoy their company and support. But I have no qualm in saying 'i am my own best friend' - I enjoy being on my own, spending qualitytime with myself. Try it, you'll get used to it and you may like it too!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home