Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What happened at surgery

Its been just over a month since I last posted.
Been thru more than a life time's experience in a span of one week.

Surgery
It was my second surgery in 2011. The first one in January was a breeze and I recovered within two weeks. In fact I even went to work to do some stuff even when I was still on MC.

At the busy-period, in May/June I was down with a cough prolly due to overwork .I went to the doctor's and she accidentally discovered my myoma just because she pressed my tummy and found it hard. She asked me to get it scanned and walla! Discovery of multiple myomas.
Surgery was scheduled right after my vacation due to my request (Dang! I had paid for the vacation tickets and I was not going to lose those non refundable tickets!)

They half paralysed my body for the surgery but they also continuosly kept me knocked out for practically the whole surgery cos I was not doing so well.
There were several several huge growths that they removed.
Thank God they left my own organs in tact.
That was my instructions - remove only what u need to, but if u see anything bad, then do remove it all.
I also apparently lost a lot of blood during the surgery.

After the surgery, I was diagnosed with pneumonia. My lung was infected and when they drained it, blood filled a whole bag even tho they had expected to see clear or murky fluids only.
That affected my breathing and I was transfused with even more blood.

Its funny but I went into the hospital, a seemingly healthy and strong woman but I left it being a very weak, almost helpless one.

It is now over two weeks post surgery and I am still not even half of what I was before.Rec
Recovery is certainly a slow process but I am working towards it.

There will be more to write on as now I am strong enuff to use my laptop :-)
More laters.

1 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

dear june...i had no idea and i am really ashamed that i haven't checked in on you...so many doc appointments for mom and dad golden and bernie and me...but that is no excuse.
i don't even know what myoma is and so i will have to google it.
i feel so sad that you were even too weak to use your new lap top.
i am going to read your next post now love terry

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home