Saturday, May 28, 2011

LA - the first leg

LA, California 2011
Upon arrival we went to WG's for dinner. That is my favorite place and am always taken there for the first dinner by my most thoughtful friend. That was a good delicious start to the vacation.

JAR has a little puppy now and I spent the first day in LA getting to know her.
Being a Muslim, I tried to ensure that we touched 'dry', otherwise i would need to 'samak' which is a cleansing procedure.
I found that that was not easy cos little puppy shows her devotion by licking and smelling lots.
Luckily I brought lots of the Taharrah soap (clay based soap) that not only is good for the skin but is also sold for this purpose. By the beginning of the second day, puppy has become so protective of me as I am of her.

The next night we had all JAR's brothers and their wives/ girlfriends over for a BBQ dinner. The weather was beautiful and the food was simple but lovely. Considering that everyone was at work the whole day, they managed to get the food done and ready in time.
I really enjoyed the camaraderie.

This morning I am doing a quick laundry so that I will have enough clothes and undies for the road trip that will begin this evening aftter they return from work.
We will be traveling North eastwards initially then cut across westwards.
Puppy follows me all around the house as I get my stuff done.
It is so much better than being alone in this house.
The TV is on and I am of course switched on to the American Talk shows that I do not get access to at home.
More later.


2 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

oh it is so nice to hear that you are having a wonderful time in california!
the only problem with meeting that new four legged, waggly tail friend is the sad day that the two of you will say farewell...i know that the doggie shall miss you.
i like puppies too but i don't like their licks or their damp noses...bernie is all together different...he is never afraid to give them a lick of his ice cream before he eats it and the same goes for cats...he will let them lap up the milk from his bowl of cereal....yuk!
junie, i will catch up with one of my favourite bloggers...i won't tell you who THAT is except for a clue...her name starts with "j" and she lives in malaysia!

god's protection on you dear friend...love terry

5:29 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
A quick hi b4 I leave for dinner. We just left Reno. I had an emotional day. U can see my FB for some pics. Laters.

June

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home