Wednesday, May 25, 2011

At the airport

Vacation has begun!
I have not had a good night's sleep ever since the doctor discovered the myoma.
I have always been able to fall asleep no matter what (my 'gift') but when I am troubled, I would wake up in the middle of the night for no good reason.
Last nite I was up at 3 am.
I guess the upside of all this is I should be able to keep awake when I get to the US.

The cab came right on time.
Unfortunately it was an old rather stinky one and I initially was holding my breath.
The driver was a nice young man who came from an eastern state.
He spoke with such a strong dialect that I had difficulty in understanding all he said.
I did not tell him the truth when he asked me where I was headed since I do not tell strangers in line with safety concerns.
Anyways I got safely to the train station where I got on to the train towards the airport.
It was a smooth ride in a clean modern new train, a nice change from the cab.
I was able to secure the seat I wanted cos I checked in early.

I called up my mom and my eldest sis to tell them that I was already at the airport.
I have not been able to reach JAR but I had emailed him and spoken to him yesterday.

Normally I would be excited and eager for the trip by the time I am at the airport.
This time, I still find that I am 'holding back' on the excitement.
I am still thinking of my little nieces faces crying in the back of their dad's car.
Yeah. Melodramatic.
Actually, a part of me wonders if this might be my final trip out.

I have spoken to s few friends who have had a similar surgery that is due bto me.
The recovery time is much longer than the ones i have had in the past.

OK. As i sit in this beautiful airport I shall let all my worries and concerns fade away.
Everything has its own time and place.
Even unhappy worrying thoughts.

Vacation, here I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home