Thursday, May 19, 2011

Me and my my-o-mas

I was in the midst of my busy-most period at work.
That normally means I eat work, I sleep work and I do work all day long.
I am due for a vacation almost immediately after this hectic time and it is my habit to go for for my dental check-up right before these trips (an easy way to remind me to have those dental appointments!)
When I found out that my brother had made his dental appointment on Saturday, I asked that he make one for me too and it was to be a family trip to the dentist before we all go for a big lunch.

I had also developed a sore throat, cough and cold beginning of that week and it seemed to slowly be getting worse.
As there was a doctor's clinic in the same building as the dentist, I decided to quickly go in there before my appointment.

It should just take me about twenty minutes to see the doctor and get my antibiotics and cough medications.
I had previously seen that same doctor who had identified the lump on my breast two years ago.
She was still the old but very experienced lady. She asked me about whatever that ailed me, then made me lie on the doctor's bench as she used her stethoscope. Then she pressed my tummy.
"whats this?" she asked, sounding a little shocked.
It was the hard tummy that I seem to have right before my periods.
"U should get this scanned. It seems like myoma to me"
The was a X-ray and radiology center just two floors up so I decided to go get it done that same morning.
They scanned my tummy and the radiologist is of the opinion that I have multiple myomas.
They recommended that I see a surgeon.

I called my sister and met her for dinner the same evening.
She has arranged for me to see who in her opinion is the best surgeon at her hospital for his expert opinion.
I will be meeting him this evening.
Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home