Monday, August 22, 2011

Wondering about 'strangers'

U develop 'ties' with strangers when u regularly read their blogs.
They don't even know u did the reading or if u even exist.
Sometimes u take a step further by commenting and they may respond or they do not.
But most of the time it is 'silent reading' that u do.
U return regularly for some, once in a while for others, and maybe it is a one-off visit.
For blogs that are about their families, u start to 'know' the characters.
Almost like 'watching' soap operas on TV.

When the authors take a break, u start to wonder if all is fine in their lives.
Some breaks are so long that after a while, u tend to forget about the blog totally.
For those whom u have sort of communicated with, the wondering lasts longer.
U go back ever so often, hoping that they write something.
Just so that u know that everything is fine in their lives.

I used to check in the blog a lady who had a family that lived in Japan, then Australia.
They had a son and she wrote interesting stuff about her present life.
Then she mentioned that she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis or some disabling disease.
She started to write about her past a lot.
Her writings reduced and then nothing was written.
I used to check in once in a while.
Then I bought a new net-book and did not bookmark her page.
With so much going on in my own life, I had forgotten about her even.
Until today, when I started to write this.
I wonder what happened to her.
She does not even know me but her writings are so good that I felt I shared her experiences as she wrote them.
I hope she is fine.

I also wonder about people who visit my blog.
The ones who do so without communicating with me.
Did they even wonder about me when I took a break for my surgery?
I believe that there are regular visitors.
It is easy to trace if ur blog is being read but u cannot (at least not at my level) detect who actually reads ur blog.

There is another week of work to go before we take a break for the festivities here.
After that it will be serious-work time.
Probably no time then to wonder about stuff like this.
:-)


4 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

dear june...here i have awoken at four in the morning in canada and i am thinking how good it was to hear from you last night..bernie and i were over at dad's and there you were!..and i even got to talk with you even though i am rarely on face book..i had gone there to see how ruby tuesday, teach mary was doing as she lives in new york where the tornado irene is and so i saw your message to me...thank you so much for caring...dad golden asked me, "who are you talking to?" and i told him that i was talking to my dear friend in malaysia and he said, "how nice!"

thank you my dear friend for caring...love terry

4:38 PM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
I do hope that ur friend in New York is ok.
I have a friend who was my classmate whom I recently met back via Facebook and who is currently living in Canada! She just left for her vacation this year to New York so I too have someone whose safety I am concerned about.
Hope both ur dad and mom Golden r fine. O yes, Bernie too.
I am getting so much better now :-)

June

5:31 PM  
Blogger airmataemas said...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri June. Hope you are well. Have a good time with your family. I am off to Indonesia on 3rd day of raya to experience the raya mood there. Salam.

8:23 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Salam Roem,
Selamat Hari Raya to u too.

Have a good time in Indonesia and enjoy the peace and relaxation of a break!

Soon it will be back to our busy lives once again.

June

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home