Saturday, September 03, 2011

Changes in Raya routine

I am now on the last couple of days of my week long Hari Raya (Eid-ur-fitr) Festivities break.
Had such a pleasant time with the big family.
My mom did not hold an open house this year.
One of the main reasons is that when she does, I will normally play the role of her 'Chief Maid'.
I have not fully recovered to be able to undertake that role.
As it was, I needed to rest when we visited relatives.
In fact I actually took a nap at each of my sister's houses during our visits this year.

This year, we did not visit as many people.
Instead we chose to visit those closest to us, spending time at each house.
Chatting, eating and drinking.
Lots of fond memories recollected at each one.
Mostly happy times but for the visit to an aunt who has Alzheimer's.
She has deteriorated further, having to use a wheelchair now.
She does not recognize her own child sometimes too.
It is so sad to watch a much loved aunt become someone else in her now weak body.
I pray that if God so wishes me to have a long life, He would give me good health mentally, physically and emtionally right to the end.

My little nieces have followed their mom to their other grandparents home down south after spending the first few days with their dad and our family.
Of course, ex SIL tried to pull some weird stunts like turning up for our family dinner (uninvited) and early morning on the first day of celebrations as though she was going to help host the open day with us (not knowing that there was to be no open house, perhaps)
When u decide on divorce, it means u choose to not be part of the family.
Mostly we just let it pass and ignored her stupidity.
What u do not let hurt u, WON'T hurt u.

Life does go on.
My nieces are adjusting better and better now.
Children accept changes in routine much easier than adults.
They know they luv being with family and they do have family on BOTH their parents sides.
Bless them and may Allah protect them from all evil influences.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home