Monday, October 31, 2005

Family

We had a family dinner on Saturday at mom's house. Every sibling, every in-law, every grand kid was there......the last time that happened was quite awhile back. Of course we had to have the photo taking session to honour the occassion. We even brought in the baby niece who was sleeping to ensure that everyone would be in the pic.
Mom was extra happy cos her medical worries are over (I hope!). My second sister's three sons are growing up fast......its always a joy to have little kids around and tho u want them to grow up fast, I cant help but lament feeling a little sad when they do. My eldest sister's son and daughter ARE almost grown up. With them, I have a friendship-like relationship.
I've told my family about going away for my next vacation. Its good to have siblings who can keep mom company for the two weeks. I remember how as little kids, we would wish to be an only child especially during a fierce battle with a sibling. Now, I cant thank God enuff for giving me the siblings who have shared a whole life's experience and who also have undying love for the same parents. Someday, when both parents are gone, my siblings would be my only tie to the family.
For parents or parents to be, make sure that you do give your child a brother or sister, that besides love, would be the greatest gift .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home