Sunday, October 23, 2005

My best buddy and his siblings makes it a point for their families to go on vacation together about once a year whenever their busy schedules allow. I like that about his family. It certainly is not an easy task. Imagine the seven siblings plus some grown up kids with families of their own living all over USA trying to fit their times. Yup, must be a nightmare. I think the hoteliers will agree too. They travel in several vehicles (after some had taken flights to reach the meeting place) and stay sometimes in one hotel and sometimes in several hotels if they cant all fit in.
I was lucky enuff to join them on one occasion when a niece had gotten married. Right after the wedding, the wedded couple took off for their honeymoon and the rest of us started on a vacation. It was fun, especially at meal times. Initially I was the stranger who lived across the world but their friendliness immediately made me feel part of the family.
Right now, they are on another one of their vacations. They will visit one nephew who has just bought a house. I was on the phone with my buddy and he passed it to the nephew who asked why I had not joined the pack for a holiday. I cant right now.....still not free enuff to get away.
My family have also maintained closeness even after many of us had gotten married and started their families; but I cant remember the last time we ALL went on one vacation together. Sometimes two families might join forces but we have never travelled together on the scale of my buddy's family.
Not all families can vacation together and not all vacations should be with families. U think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home