Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Beauty ends (sic!) the Beast

Went for a full body massage yesterday. Its like being on a piece of heaven after hectic period of work! I deserved it! Would u believe that they had TWO ladies doing the massage on me at the same time? One concentrated on my legs and the other on my upper body. Though the two ladies spoke a foreign language I understood enuff of it to know that they were complimenting on my body. May I be bold and say that I do have a pretty good shape and tone.
Two pairs of hands working magic on a very tired, worked-out, lack of sleep body. The aromatheraphy oils soothed my senses. I enjoyed every rub, knead, pressure point press and what-have-u that they placed on my body. Needless to say, I fell asleep in contentment.
I had yet another reason to need a pleasurable rest. Last week my friend L convinced me to try some new products for my skin. Its supposed to result in better looking skin via a peeling and vitamin soaked process. Having my poor blotched skin, it did not take me long to agree.....both L and her siblings were using it and man, they really had very improved smooth, translucent looks. Now the main difference between me and them is that I have hyper super duper sensitive skin. L is very aware of this as she is a beautician by profession.
She listed out the routine I was to follow. I am a good follower of rules so I did the routines by the book.
By the second day, my face was red and swelling. My eyes shrank to half their normal sizes. Every day I was on the phone with L, with her giving me encouragement and me needing to know that all this pain is temporary. L even drove to my house to check on me. Beautician who did house calls!
Soon L advised me to stop the strongest product in order to let my skin rest. I even had one sleepless night in this drama. That was the night before I decided on the massage which was done at L's. No wonder I enjoyed the massage and fell asleep in the process.
Now, a few days onwards, my face is still in the healing process. Its peeling all over. I should get beautiful skin just based on my suffering for the past week if nothing else! I do not yet look good but I am still hopeful....it DID work for L and her team of siblings and friends. I may take a longer route (and time) (so says L!) but I know I will get there.......someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home