Friday, February 01, 2008

hospital

This has been quite a week. My little nieces are down with viral flu and both had to be hospitalised. My sis-in-law (sil) waited for me to get home (in a rush) to drive them plus mom and maid to the hospital. She did not want to drive cos that would mean leaving her car at the car park all the days they spent there.
Its strange how the insurance companies can delay the processing of the paperwork. We actually had to wait for over an hour for that. I told sil to take the elevator to the paeditrician's office while I continued waiting for the papers. Apparently the insurance company had screwed up by typing an incorrect name for the youngest niece.
After that the private hospital also showed its slow administrative system. It took another 50 minutes before they could get a room. My poor niece was already flat out on the sofa. What if she had been more seriously affected? I dont like hospitals and I hate inefficient ones more.
It is now four days later and the little girls are still in the hospital. Everyday I rush from work straight to see them. Its always a joy to see my precious little ones. They may be cranky and uncomfortable but they make auntie very happy.
Poor sil has not been home all this time. She is tired from lack of sleep and rest. I hope they all get discharged soon. I took need a long rest this weekend. Will I get it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home