Sunday, December 13, 2009

Trip to the Hills

I stopped taking the blood thinners in anticipation of the surgery on the day we (mom, bro's family and me) started on our overnight trip to the hills.
Its cooler when u are up on the hills and for us who live at the equator, this is a treat.
It was a great break. SIL and I made the arrangements such as the bookings of the Resort Apartment.
Its a two hour drive away but its such a winding road upwards that little niece D threw up in the car.
I was just sitting there with my eyes closed praying hard that I don't embarass myself by throwing up too.
We had quite a pretty three room apartment there.
We were given a filling dinner and then we set off to the town center for some shopping.
Little nieces begged me to buy them some tiny umbrellas which I refused to at first but bought them anyways to surprise them later with it. They loved that and even performed an umbrella dance together.
It was really cool at night there and we were all debating whether to actually shower before bed that night! Even with hot water its cold. Brrrrr.
I have been abroad several times to places where it even snows but the change in temperature from warm to cool is more gradual there so ur body has time to adjust.
Next day we went horse riding and a trail to the waterfalls.
Then the drive back home cos half the day is already gone and it was check out time.

Arriving home I was down with a bad headache all day.
Its still here a day after that.
I think that stopping the blood thinners is also contributing to this.
My left leg also hurts now.
I have taken some panadol.
I shall rest.

7 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

oh boy june..it all sounds like so much fun that you guys had, but i sure hope that you are not over doing it.
that headache has me worried.
i remember when dad golden had an operation on his neck arteries that they didn't stop his blood thinners till two days before the operation.
it seems like more than a week is not so good.
i will really be thinking of you junie...let me know how you are feeling...love terry

2:23 PM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry. Actually the doctors asked me to stop a week before the surgery but I decided to stop taking the blood thinners 10 days before hand. Four days later the migraine began.
I think it was brought about by the sudden drop in temperature when we went to the Hills and then the sudden rise when we returned.
Anyways I was in bed the whole of Monday, really in pain.
It wasn't just the headache but it was also my leg.
I was afraid that my veins might burst from the pressure.
But thankfully, today Tuesday things were much better.
I feel stronger and I am not boggged with the intense pain.
I am just so glad i was able to drive home to my condo from my mom's house before I practically was bed bound. At least then I am in pain on my own.
I do not want my mom to worry if she sees me in that condition.
I did tell my sister about it so that someone else is aware that I am not well.. My sister kept track of how I was doing and I appreciate that.
Tomorrow is my annual hospital check up and I will tell the doctor about what had happened when i stopped the meds.
I am just guessing that u might also not be too well urself since u r less on the net. Am i right? Let me know how u r doing.
Or is it cos u have Bernie 24/7 with u already?
Happy retirement Bernie!
June

6:44 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

dear june..i have been waiting for news.
i hate to bother you but isn't it this week that you go for your operation?
could you let me know?...love terry

12:26 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

talk to me dear junie...how are you feeling?
i am so worried about you..love terry

6:08 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

post surgery. Still weak at times. Thank you for concern and prayers. At mom's to recuperate. June

8:11 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

oh i am so glad to hear your voice.
you are so weak and i will continue to think about you and to pray for you my dear friend.
i love you...love terry

ha! i surely MUST love you, eh?
i even went to facebook to look for you and that is a rare thing for me to be there!!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

dear junie..i am so glad that you are in your mother's care...still thinking of you...love terry

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home