Monday, October 26, 2009

A Short Break from TheLump Story

Taking a break from my lump stories (kinda sound like Love Story of Ali McGraw and Ryan O ONeal fame doesnt it?).
Its the waiting period but I wont waste time just waiting.

On Sunday I decided to do a little quick baking. Cooking is not my forte and neither is baking.
Made some walnut chocolate fudge cookies using the Pilsbury packet.
So easy...add eggs, add oil, add water to the cake mixture, add the walnuts, stir it with a wooden spoon and bake it.
Huh! They didnt know that it will be ME who bakes it.
Greased the tray and put in the mixture.
Into the oven it all went and of course it got slightly burnt.
I cut out the edges and brought the rest of the cut pieces to work.
Anyways I am enjoying the unburnt parts and a cup of tea as I type this.

This week begins well with a reasonable amount of stuff to do at work.
I am able to clean up some of the mess (read as dust and dirt) in my office.
I prefer clean to messy anytime but I do allow the place to get a little on the messy side when there is a wave of heavy work load.
Afterwards I get it cleaned up.
The same goes for my bedroom (when I used to live at my parents' house) or my own house.
I know I will never be put on Oprah for the very dirty house series but neither will I get a place on the absolutely-clean-all-the time ones.

My mom has sent her car for repainting.
She still drives around for her groceries, newspapers, bi-annual medical check ups and banking needs.
However she needs the rest of us to drive her for anywhere else, even her to her kid's homes.
Mom will be car-less for 10 days.
Actually she does not need to repaint the car (no doubt it has some scratches from the gate, etc).
She was thinking of getting a new one soon but looks like that idea has been put aside for a bit.

From wednesday onwards I shall be busier at work.
Will update when I can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

oh what a delightful post june!..and i never noticed your beautiful profile picture before....some how i must of missed it.
you are a girl after my own heart..i cannot bake either.!
this week the ladies volunteered to make 3 dozen cookies each for the special bible children's meetings they are having in fort erie..about thirty miles from welland.
anyways, of course i volunteered too but bernie and i headed right to costco and bought some mr. christie's chocolate chip cookies!!
ha! i think your idea is a whole lot better... i mean all the extra goodies you put in those babies...who will know the difference!
great thinking june!

now as far as cleaning goes, i have so much junk...i am a pack rat..if i even lay something down, it will take me hours to find.
and in fact, i couldn't find my camera today and so bernie and i had to go out without it.
and the autumn is so pretty, and i sure did feel lost without my camera!
so i talked bernie into shooting a few good ones with his phone camera.
i will use them for my ruby tuesday tomorrow. it is my friend, "mr. jim's" birthday and so i will use them for him..

my mom doesn't drive and never has but there are enough of us kids that have cars to take her anywhere she wants to go.

now june i know you will be busy but that's alright, i really have to get at reading the rest of your blog..
i think of you all of the time and i have another friend. meme who lives in alberta and she is not feeling well either....take care...love terry.

ha!! ..you are sleeping..it is 2:10 a.m. where you are!

2:22 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

don't you be working too hard june!
still thinking about ya'.
i am on my way out to take mom golden out for awhile...god be with you dear friend...love terry

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home