Monday, October 12, 2009

weekend with settled hormones

Once my hormones are ready to settle for the month, things generally go smoother.
Had a good weekend. Drove mom, SIL and two nieces to a cousin's open house.
Good food and boy! did we eat!

Sunday took mom out for lunch and some shopping.
We both bought a small sewing machine that was on sale.
Actually I had bought my mom a sewing machine that was almost identical to the one she had many years ago. That machine is kept at my mom's house and I dont think its used much!
The tiny sewing machines are supposed to be able to work on thick material like jeans and curtains.
I intend to try it on some new curtains that I bought for the glass door which was left unsewed on the bottom so that u can fit it to ur house height.
We'll see if my good intentions gets carried out.

JAR and brothers are home from their trip to visit their sister and their inherited farms.
It always calms me to know he's back home safe even if our homes are half a world apart.
Looks like his sister will not make the trip to visit me with him.
Thats a pity but I do understand since her husband is not well from some muscular disorder.
Maybe money is tight too.
Hopefully JAR gets someone else to accompany him on the proposed trip.
There is not too much time left to plan but I hope he'll make the trip happen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

dear june...how are you doing?
it is two in the morning here and so i guess it is two in the afternoon there!!
i just thought that i would read your blog as i promised.
actually you are doing me a favour june!
i have such a bad cold and i find that my chest is so congested that i have to sit up and seeing as i have to sit up, why not write to you?
you are probably working now, eh?
oh it sounds so good that jar will be coming to visit...don't worry, he will let it happen for sure!
your mom sounds like an ok girl!
my mom is always willing to go second hand store shopping and always willing to go for a baked potatoe and coffee at wendys...no matter how weak she is feeling.
mom golden is a sewer too and bernie is.
we got a small sewing machine this year and bernie keeps up the mending...i am all confused whenever i try to use that machine!
hey i do the cooking...so HE can do the sewing, eh?...hahaha
well take care for now,,,i will be reading down...love terry

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home