Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Every year there will be news about bush fires in California.
Some years its a minor one and in other years there will be even deaths.
Every year I will worry about JAR being somewhere near it.
He calls me worry wart and its not too far from the truth.

A few years ago I had personal experience of the fire.
I was on vacation and visited JAR.
He had promised to take me to the theatre to watch Mama mia.
It was a working day so instead of making him drive back to get me and then driving back to LA for the show i offered to take public transport towards Burbank.
I had planned to follow Maria who was his house cleaner when she finished her cleaning.
We walked to the bus stop so that I could take the bus to the train station.
No buses came even after a half hour's wait.
There was strong smell of smoke.
I called JAR and told him of my predicament.
He started to drive back but there was traffic jam due to the fires.
Luckily a friend informed him of a clear alternative route.
He go back early enough to take me to dinner and the theatre.

This year I worry about JAR being in the smokey LA area all over again
He goes on hikes and I told him to always check the fire situation.
I hope he remembers to do so.

1 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

dear cyber me,
i have a friend who lives in california and sometimes those fires are a scary thing.
sometimes she can see the red glow from her windows.
i wonder how it is that a person can get a good sleep, knowing that the fires are so near.
it must take a big toll on the animal population and the birds too.
it is good that you warn jar about these things!...........terry

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home