Sunday, February 07, 2010

Another surgery and about looking young

RBR's surgery has been set for Wednesday 10 February.
His siblings who are living all over the country are attempting to come see him.
JAR is opening his home to welcome some of them.
He's even buying more beds for the occasion!
Some good always comes out from a bad situation.
They are all in shock over the possibility of losing a loved one.
Its bringing them closer together.
Let's continue with our prayers to Allah/God.

This weekend my SIl made a Spa party.
It is actually a demonstration of a gadget for beauty purposes by a direct selling company.
I made some new friends there.
The lady demonstrated the gadget by applying it and some wonder gel on my face.
Yup, there was some difference; skin was firmer and ok....I was supposed to look younger.
It was a fun time.
I enjoyed it.
Much as I want to look as good as possible, I am also one who believes in growing old gracefully.
At this point I do not see me ever being involved with botox or plastic surgery.
I actually love to see people who have the laugh lines around their eyes as they smile.
U need the lines to indicate that u have had a full life.
I would never want my mom to be mistaken for my sister....and me for her sister either.
I hope that my lines would indicate that I have lived as a happy and good person.

10 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

dear june..so wednesday the tenth will surely be a day when much prayer will be going up for jar's dear brother and also for the whole family as they walk through this trial. god will surely walk with them and carry them.
i will also pray for the doctors that their hands will be guided by the great physician.
i am thinking of you junie..i just know how much you would love to be there with jar and his family...love terry

2:36 PM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
I did send RBR an email, telling him that many people (including U) will be praying for him.
We say our prayers in different ways thru different religions but I believe God understands that its the meaning and intention that we say our prayers that really counts.
Thank you for ur prayers and thoughts.
June

3:54 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

dearest june..it is wednesday here now and i don't know if it is the same time at the hospital where dear jar and his precius brother and his family are but i am praying for them all.
please keep me updated....love terry

Isaiah 59:1
Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

he is really hearing our prayers june..he really is!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

dear june..waiting for good news and praying that everything is all right...love terry

9:05 PM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
JAR and I have been continuosly on the phone, talking and texting.
Surgery went well. They found what they thought they would.
The biopsy result will only be out next week.
RBR's three kids and many members of friends and family gathered at the hospital for the surgery.
I am keeping tab of how JAR is doing, urging him to go home early from work the next day and rest. They all stayed up till late the surgery night....it actually began at 8 PM!
I did manage to speak on the phone with RBR BEFORE his surgery. He sounded calm and even eager to joing whatever we planned for the May/June vacation.
He will be in intensive care for a day or two.
Talk to u again later.
Thanks for caring.

June

8:06 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

oh thanks for the news junie!
i have been waiting and i will be continuing to pray for his recovery and for the strength of the family. you are so right in your advice to jar. he will be really needed the next little while!
thanks be to god!...love terry

9:03 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

happy new year junie..to you your whole family...love terry

4:18 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

dear june..i hope everything is well with your family and jar's family...please let me know..love terry

3:33 PM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

RBR seemed to recover very well after the surgery.
However, JAR's latest news is a bit worrying....it appears that what they took out appeared to originate from melanoma and that's normally not good news. When melanoma (from skin cancer) has spread to other parts it normally is not easy to cure.

June

7:57 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

dear june...i read your comment a few hours ago and i just didn't know what to say.
i am so sorry for the young man and for his family. i just pray that the cure will be found and that the disease was caught in time.
such sad news for you and jar, june.
when you have the time, please tell me how everything is going...love terry

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home