Sunday, July 18, 2010

HOME

Its going to sound strange but today I actually suddenly realised that I am most relaxed, calm, at peace and most probably happy at my Condo.

My late dad's house used to be my home for most of my life.
I was about nine when we moved into that then brand new house.
It was a noisy happy house with all us kids growing up.
Time passed quickly and suddenly one after another got married and moved out.
I actually moved out three times.
First to go to college.
Second to go work out of state.
Third and finally to move to my own place.

Since I lived there for so long, it was MY house even tho I had moved out.
But times have moved on.
My siblings and I have 'sold' that house to our youngest brother.
I go there every weekend still cos my mom lives there still.
As her husband, my dad, had built that house, it is also hers.
My brother and sister in law agreed that my mom is welcomed to live there till the end of her life.

My Condo was like my week day house for all this while.
Today it was like I had my blinkers removed suddenly.
I came home from the weekend a little earlier because I was tired.

I felt so good to be back here.
It feels like this is where I am home now.
I belong.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

aw june...it is so nice to hear that you are happy with your home.
also so great for your mom to live in her home for the rest of her life.
i think that you have a very nice family...some families don't care about their parents or their elderly relatives the way you guys care for your mom.
it is why she has the gumption not to give up and wow she is even driving again.
glad to hear you are happy my friend..love terry

9:30 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
Good to hear from u even tho u r 'away' on vacation.
Actually we are all normal 'horrible' kids when we were growing up, fighting and getting to scrapes.
However, our parents did instill the basic values of love and religion in us. So I guess, they reap what they sowed, eh?
Enjoying ur vacation? tell me more about it!
June

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home