Sunday, June 06, 2010

Alaska!

This will be a short write up.
I am in a hotel in Seattle.
We just arrived this morning after a week's cruise of Alaska.
Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, Victoria.
Yup Alaska and Canada.
Both RBR and WBR are doing great.
RBR actually drove the jeep on our cross country and canoe outing.

While we were at the Fish Ladder this afternoon I got a text message from my brother.
My mom has just been hospitalised.
She has contacted Denggi Fever.
Maybe it was on the Highlands trip?
I tried to call her but could not get thru.
I spoke to my brother who says she is resting.
She has not slept well for the past three days.
The good thing is she is in hospital and will get good medical care.
The bad thing is I am thousands of miles away and am not due back for over a week more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

oh june..i am glad i checked here just now..here i was worried about you and now i learn your mom is sick!
junie, i will right away be praying for her and for you too that you will not be worried because you know that god will be looking after your mom...love terry

2:08 PM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Terry,
I am worried. Thank god my sis the doctor just arrived from her Japan trip. My mom's bp is hovering and they are afraid that she may go into shock.
I have been on many trips away from her but this is the first time that she has taken so ill. I feel helpless.
June

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home