Saturday, May 29, 2010

Vacation 2010 - Part 1

Here I am in LA!
What with facebook and communicating with my family via emails and text messages, I already feel that I have related enough of my flight and journey to LA.
However, since this is my private blog where I throw all my anger and frustrations, it is only fair that I also write in the happy and good times.

THIS certainly is a good and happy portion of my life.

The flight was a relatively smooth one (thank God!)
The plane had transited at Taipeh where we also picked up a big group of Chinese ladies.
I have heard of the word 'Kiasu' but this was when I saw it in action.
We were all waiting for our baggage at the carousel.
The group of Taipeh Chinese 'Ladies' (TCL) came from the immigration area and practically pushed themselves to the front, not bothering the fact that other people had arrived first and were already waiting for their luggage at those spaces!
And, mind you, the TCL baggage had not even arrived yet!
I was not happy and 'cursed' in my own native language, knowing that no one within hearing distance understood what I was saying.
Suddenly, out of the blues, one of the TCL fell legs up on some of their bags that was already picked.
She did look funny and was of course quite embarrased.
I believe so many of us there were laughing on the inside, thinking " Sorry, but u probably deserved it!"

JAR was waiting for me even though he did get held up by traffic. I was further delayed at the customs area because of the large group of arrivals.

It is so good to meet up again.
JAR took me to dinner at my favourite Grill. Yummy!
There was alot of catching up to do.

The next day whilst JAR was at work, I took a slow walk to nearest shopping area to help collect JAR's mail from the post office.
Nice peaceful walk.
JAR also asked me to wait for the UPS man cos he was expecting a package.
The package arrived and guess what?
It was for ME!
He had given me a lovely wine colored jacket and an explorer's hat to wear for the Alaskan Trip!
I was simply delighted!
In the evening after work, JAR and I drove to another shopping mall to get some stuff he needed.

Today I am doing some laundry and repacking my stuff for our tripthat will begin tomorrow.
I shall meet RBR and WBR too.
More laters.

1 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

oh june...at last there you are and what a thoughtful boy that jar is!
you are going to alaska? i wonder if it is still cold there?
i wonder if there will be enough sun for you to get a tan.
how relaxing it will be for you riding that ship and i guess you better get rested up for all the walking and climbing you will be doing. i hope that your legs are good...and i pray that you have a real good time.
when you said here that you had met jar finally, my heart just jumped because i know how happy that you are...it think that i will step out of routine a bit and go and see you on face book, just to see how you are doing....god bless you and jar and RBR and WBR.
you guys are going to have so much fun!...love terry

how cute you must look in that wine-coloured jacket and the explorer hat!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home