Thursday, April 22, 2010

Less

At last there appears to be some improvement in my cough condition.
Two visits to the doctor's; two rounds of anibiotics, numerous cough medications.

Was at work for more than 10 hours yesterday.
Things went well so its a satisfying period.

House cleaners came on Tuesday.
I get them to come every other week to thoroughly clean the place.
Next visit, however will be an extra week down the line cos I would be too busy to accomodate them.
Its not a problem cos the condo hardly gets too dirty.
I am quite good at keeping the place habitable and clean enough.
The cleaners come in to ensure that dust do not collect at places I do not see.

Next week my cousin (of the polygamous uncle fame) gets married.
I will be at my most busy time at work but I shall have to work it out so that I can make it to her wedding.

I have put my big bag out so that I can start dumping stuff that 'might' follow me to my vacation.
Its phase one in my system of packing.
Phase 1 - Dump everything that seems like it should follow u.
Phase 2 - The bag gets overfilled, so remove the less important stuff
Phase 3 - Refill the bag with newly bought stuff that should follow u
Phase 4 - Remove the overfill from th beg.
Phase 5 - ......

Get my drift?
Hehehe.
Time to get back to work!

7 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

haha junie!...you are way too funny!
all that packing and unpacking, the most important is ....do not forget your camera!
i am glad that your cold is getting better!..maybe all of that work that you have been doing has helped to cure it a bit.
whenever bernie had a bad cold before he was retired, he would go to work anyways. he used to say that he may as well be suffering at work and getting paid for it than to be suffering at home!
for some strange reason, he always cured faster!
i cannot wait until you will finally be on your way to your vacation. i just bet jar and his family are really looking forward to seeing you!
i hope that you will have no cold and no leg pains...and that the lord will give you god speed...love terry

ps,,i really appreciate it that although you are so busy, you still read my ruby tuesday and leave such nice comments...do you wonder why i love you!..

4:45 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
Its funny that u should mention to bring a camera; cos I have a wierd history with cameras.
Its a standing joke in both my family and JAR's family about me and cameras. They either get lost or destroyed or damaged everytime I bring one along on a rip.
Once I actually dropped a camera into a stream when we visited one of JAR's sister's farm. It seemed to be ok but when I was about to take a photo of WBR, JAR's eldest brother, the camera actually exploded in my hands!
It was too small an explosion to do me any damage. JAR says that its cos it was a pic of his brother that was being taken. They all found it to be so funny!.
Then over the years after so many incidences, the fact that I am 'allergic' to cameras became less funny.
I went and bought a more expensive digital camera and took extra care of it. It worked and that camera is still with me today. Unfortunately I then had to deal with some virus in it cos it would damage the computers I used to download the pics. I even damaged the PC that JAR sets up especially for my use when I visit him!
I have just bought me a new video cum camera that I intend to use on this vacation.
Hopefully all goes well.
The vacation is still 5 weeks away but JAR and I are keeping close track!
Hugs!
June

8:09 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Terry said...

hi june...i am thinking that your cold will all be better now...four weeks til holidays, eh?

what a day this has been!
the little red car decided to give us trouble today.
we were stalled at staples electionic store for almost three hours...we had to get a tow job home.
bernie thinks that it might be a broken fuel pump and so he will be working on fixing it the next few days.
one thing though, i will have a good ruby tuesday next week.
i was so tired that i stayed home this evening to rest and bernie went to the gospel meeting. we have an old blue van that is still running fairly well....i ma so so tired. i will come back tomorrow....love you!...love terry

1:18 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

please excuse the spelling mistakes junie but i am tired.ha!
love terry

1:19 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

dear june..i hope everything is going well with you and that you are feeling better...love terry

1:14 PM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
Been so busy lately that I haven't even been to the hair salon in a while.
Will try to update my page tomorrow if I can squeeze a bit of time.
Thanks for keeping in touch.
My cough is almost gone and I am taking lots of Vitamin C!
June

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home