Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cough

I am still struggling with this dry cough that I have had for almost a week.
It was at its worst over the weekend which I spent at my mom's.
The terrible thing is I think my mom has also got the cough now.
I should not feel too guilty as my brother who lives with her had gotten it at the same time as I did.
So she could have been infected by either him or me.
I seem to cough most in the middle of the night, often waking me from my sleep.

I have seen the doctor, completed one full course of antibiotics, taken all kinds os cough medications.
Today I even stopped at the pharmacy after work to get me a new cough medication recommended by the pharmacist after getting details of my condition.
We'll see how this one works.

Work will be off peak for about a week before we go into another round of extreme busy period.
Tomorrow I am planning to meet a good friend who has taken a few months off from work cos she has been diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
She has had her ovaries removed and is beginning her chemotheraphy.
I often go for my canteen breaks with this friend.
Its strange how we only recently got to be good friends though we have both worked at the same place for quite a while.
It will be good to see her when she comes to the office tomorrow.

After the next peak period that should last for more than a month, it will almost be time for my vacation.
Yippeeeee!
On the other hand, its still many weeks away.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

i have not forgotten you..life has been too busy and sometimes the really important and the precious ones in my life, i have been neglecting...i will be back...love terry

9:09 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

dear june..i have been thinking of your friend and her illness. she is really needing you now..a good friend who cares for her and will pray for her..i will too and we will see what the lord can do!
love terry

11:45 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Thanks Terry. My friend just started her chemo; unfortunately she was allergic to something they gave her on that day so she had to be warded.

She's better now. She text me to inform me of what happened.

JAR's brother should be starting his chemo soon I think. He looks better in his pics.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home