Wednesday, May 26, 2010

On my way!

Here I am at the airport, hours early for my flight.
I like being early.
It gives me time to just hang out sitting, drinking and watching people go by.

I took a cab to the central train station right smack in the middle of town.
Its my first cab ride from my condo to anywhere.
It was simple - just phone to book the cab the day before.
Whilst waiting for the cab to arrive I met this guy who was waiting for his office transport to arrive. He was from Singapore and seemed to be a well traveled man. Shared several news and jokes about our countries.

From the train station I took an express train straight to the airport.
I have always loved this particular train ride - fast and smooth.

I have checked in and taken a light brunch at Burger King's.
I then settled myself at a seat where I can see the planes, be near to my gate and also be not far from the rest rooms.

I have called my mom.
I do not want prolonged goodbyes so we chat mostly of daily stuff.
I have called JAR so that I can catch him prior to his bedtime.

Please God, give me a safe flight.
After the rather bad flight of my last vacation, I am a little troubled about going on a plane.

I will try to blog as often as possible during this vacation.
More soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

dear june...i am so glad that you are on your way.
the week has been so busy here that i barely had a chance to wish you well...but i will pray for each mile you take...for your safety and god's blessings.
what a blessing that you could meet a nice travelling companion to talk to.
junie..i think that you are such a kind person ..it probably made his day happy..it is good that you can so freely talk to a stranger..
god speed on your journey to jar...
i love you...love terry

i HOPE you brought your camera!.ha!

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home