Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Packing

The Office Packing is almost done.
I now sit in my temporary room with its terrible view.
My permanent office has a beautiful view of the landscape that allows one's view to reach the horizon. I can see the morning sun rise if I chose to cos I am one of the few people who habitually arrive extra early for work.
The way the contractors work over here we are all betting that the renovations will take at least 6 months if we are lucky!
I miss my room but I consider myself lucky that I was immediately provided with a temporary room.
Many of my colleagues will be placed together in one large room albeit temporarily.
Somehow I do need a bit of privacy in order to function at my best.

I have now started to seriously pack for the vacation!
I love this part of the process.
JAR says we will have at least two formal dinners.
Jeez! What shall I wear? Worse still how do I pack for that?
I have this beautiful black velvet skirt that my sister recommended I buy when we were on a shopping trip ages ago.
I have never worn it but it still fits beautifully.
I have several intricately designed tops (traditional and expensive cos they do not make them much anymore).
I just need some basic accessories and I think that should do it!

I much prefer going on holidays in my jeans and tee shirts but a formal do now and then shouldn't kill the vacation, right?
Both RBR and WDR have confirmed that they are joining the cruise.
Their cousins C and T and their spouses have also booked but I do not know if they are still on the wait-list.
We are all getting excited talking about the vacation!

My family members are also busy planning their own vacations now.
My brother will be taking Mom and his family of girls to the Highlands the very weekend after I leave for mine.
My sister who lives nearby my condo will be leaving for Japan.
Although we live near the equator where the sun shines throughout the year, it looks like we also go for summer holidays!

2 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

hi junie..this is the first day that the computer isn't giving me any trouble.
yesterday it took three hours for me to post my ruby tuesday, the machine kept freezing up..grrr....
apparently everyone was having trouble here with their computers!
it is so exciting that you are getting all packed for your dream vacation junie!
i am so happy that RBR is well enough to go on the trip..
reading between the lines of your blog, i think that there would be a lot missing if he wasn't there!
june how is he really feeling? did the treatments help him.
bernie has a high number for his prostate. it is 8.06 but the doctor tells us that he will just keep an eye every six months as he says that he doesn't really like to operate unless he really has to.
junie, i think that the black skirt sounds like the best idea and you could wear it twice, except with a different pretty top.
i think that jar really wants to show you off.
you are so lucky!..most women wouldn't be able to fit into clothes that they have had for years and the garments are just hanging in the closet...hopefully SOMEDAY they will fit again!..ask me ..i KNOW!!!

you are a lot like bernie..he used to love to get to work early.
how nice that you can see the sun rise!.
tomorrow, when you watch it rise my dear friend, think of me..because at that time of the day our sun will be setting!!!
when are you leaving?..or maybe you shouldn't say on your blog...you can let me know by email.
take care and i am glad that this computer is finally working and the comment didn't take a whole lot of time....love you!..love terry

6:45 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
I hope ur internet is now back to behaving and no longer giving u a headache.

Yes, we are so glad that RBR is joining the trip. From the updates that JAR gives me, RBR is doing well.

I hope Bernie's reading for his prostate improves. RBR had prostate cancer last year and he had an operation for that. Its just so unfortunate that this year they discovered the brain tumours.
BTW did I remember to tell u that WBR, the eldest brother, was recently discovered with melanoma?
Actually JAR was the one who saw his skin and insisted that his brother go to see the doctor. It has been removed but the doctor told him that he is lucky for had he delayed by a month it would have been life threatening.

Looking forwards to spending this weekend with my mom.
Talk to u more soon.

Hugs
June

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home