Thursday, May 06, 2010

Short updates

Got a short break today.
I need to wait for someone to complete her part before I can continue.
Stolen free times like this is so delightful!

Mother's Day is almost here.
My brother and I have planned to take Mom (our mother) and SIL (his kids' mother) out to lunch or dinner.
If I can squeeze some time I thought of getting my mom a present too.
I just don't know exactly what just yet.

Next week I shall have to pack my office stuff cos they are going to renovate the rooms on my floor.
That means alot of physical work.
I must be careful not to hurt any body part cos my vacation is too close already.
The room has to be totally empty cos they will retile the floor and change the aircond system.
I will be temporarily placed on a different floor.

My vacation update:-
My big red bag seems over full right now.
Yet, I haven't pack so many of the stuff I will need.
JAR says that they have laundry service on the ship so I won't need too many clothes but winter clothing is so much thicker than summer ones and they take up space.
Two of JAR's cousins learnt of the cruise when they met up at the Cowboy's Poetry something or other and got interested. They tried to sign up but could only go the the waiting list.
It would be nice if everyone gets to go!

3 Comments:

Blogger Terry said...

your big red bag is getting pretty full, eh junie?
jar is right,
when bernie and i travel, i take a few dresses and underwear and socks and he takes a few pair of pants, there is always a laundromat where ever we camp and that way we have space for anything we buy along the way.
last year i had lots of room to gather some stones from the air base that we used to live on.
bernie put some of them in our garden.
i can't wait until mothers day.
what we give to our mom every year is a greeting in out local paper..a picture and a little verse.
i put it in today and it will be there saturday. this year i put a picture of her and me at one of the family get togethers.
it is so hard to know what to get her otherwise! we do the same thing for my dad and the same thing for their birthdays and in july we put an anniversary one in.
my dad's friends laugh at dad golden and they say that he is in the paper more often than the mayor..ha!
i am glad that you are taking your mom out for dinner.
dad golden will be making a special sunday dinner for mom golden..
take care now..you are probably at work at this time of day...love you!
love terry

11:27 AM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Hi Terry,
That's such a nice gift - a greeting in the local papers!
I bought my mom a most comfortable pair of red sandals from Hush Puppies. They also gave with the sandals a lovely box of chocolates....she'll be able to share those with her grand kids when she opens the present.

Today I also posted a card to JAR to commemorate the anniversary of the day we got introduced.
We've been best buddies for a long time now and lucky us we continue our connection thru the different phases of our lives.

Work hopefully will start to ease by the end of next week. Then I can start to seriously pack my stuff for the trip.

Talk to u laters!
June

8:08 PM  
Blogger Terry said...

happy anniversary to you and your best buddy...short and sweet..because i still am too overcome about that ring.
i will write later on june...love terry

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home