Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Beach



We spent the weekend at the beach!

Its a one and a half hour drive away. We went to a newly opened hotel that is built IN the sea. It has an open bathroom concept with glass floors that u could see the sea right in the bedroom! Needless to say it wasnt a cheap stay but Mom decided to treat me and my brother's family. Lucky us!

We rented an MPV so that everyone could fit in just one big car. I was given the honours of sitting right at the back...all alone except for the luggage. It was a fun drive. Initially my two little nieces were restless and starting crying. But soon they fell asleep and we had a smooth ride all the way. Its so good to go away even if its only for the weekend. My last vacation was in November. Yes, its been a long stretch of work days.

My brother took us straight to lunch at Fried Chicken outlet. We had arrived one hour before check in timt so we had plenty of time to eat.

When we got to the hotel, the boo-boo began. We were told (even though it was by then after the check in time) that the rooms were not yet ready. We waited a half hour (during which time I went to the lobby shop and got me a beach hat that little niece A calls 'your silly hat'), and yet the room was still not ready. I told my brother that it was time to make noise. We both went to another reception clerk (the first one was an Indian who kept repeating the "room is not ready" mantra). The second clerk was, thank goodness, more efficient and to appease us immediately upgraded us all to better rooms.

So we had our better grade rooms and the whole troop went in to unwind and rest.

What I love about this getaway is the quality time I got to spend with my mom. We are both early risers (unlike the rest) so we sat on the balcony sipping our horlicks and watched the sun rise the next morning. We talked about stuff and basically just enjoyed the other's company. This was the supreme highlight of that weekend.

I woked up my SIL vis sms...urging everyone to get ready for the swimming pool. Tiny niece S was still asleep so I decided to wake her up by singing and dancing nursery rhymes. The cute little chipmunk opened her eyes, smiled and started to dance as well. She stood up and continued her dance. This was another highlight!

We all got to the pool and played in the kiddies area. Little A was a little scared initially but overcame that soon enough till she did not want to leave the pool at all. By the way, we were all in our new swim suits and were a bunch of very good looking goons!

Soon it was time for breakfast. The hotel had a good spread and some good tasting food.

I wish that there will be many more holiday breaks that my family and I can enjoy together.

Its not the length of the holiday that matters that the most fun that u can derive from it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home