Monday, July 28, 2008

Lame but ok weekend

I had a good but rather lame weekend.



Got my car serviced on Saturday. It was a long wait. Even tho the waiting room was most comfortable, I did regret having to spend too much of my weekend there.


Brother's family still has maid problems so I spent quite a bit of the weekend playing with the nieces. Went shopping for the usual toiletries stuff. Rested a bit. Thats mostly it.


Friday tho I did go shopping with SIL and the little girls. I saw a handbag that was a limited edition piece. Part of me wanted it but I did not buy it cos I had to get the car done the very next day and instinct told me that a big portion of my monthly budget was already going that-away! Anyways SIL got a Braun Buffel bag. She says that she works hard and deserves a treat. Yeah, I work hard too. So....should I get THAT limited edition bag that costs the earth?




Its wierd that the five siblings in my family are generally careful with our money. Eldest daughter and youngest son are spendrifts to a degree that God, in being fair married them both off to spouses that enjoy spending! Second daughter is generous and spends money on us all and to balance that God gives her alot! Fourth son strives hard to make money but is as yet not too well blessed with it. Third daughter earns a good sum, saves as much as possible, sometimes goes overboard but normally remains quite sane about her money.


I hope the week ahead gets more exciting for me. Maybe next weekend willbe fireworks! I have not got anything planned but I can hope, cant I?
JAR is back home and he too had a good but nothing too shout about weekend. But he did get to spend it in a foreign land!
We are both getting each of our new homes ready for living soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home