Saturday, August 23, 2008

In the midst of my short break

My short break is going on great!
Thursday Mom, SIL, baby niece and I picked up elder niece from play school. We drove to the woods nearby and had a fun time looking at a group of wild monkeys being fed by some locals. The little girls shout "hello monkeys! we luv ya monkeys" at the top of their voices.
Its a wonderment just to see the whole big group of papa monkeys, mama monkeys (some with their young clinging to their bodies) and all the tiny little monkeys.
Then I drove everyone to lunch at our favourite retaurant.
After lunch we walked around the shopping mall and I got me two glass bowls.
Then we were all off to my condo which was an hour's drive away.
SIL and two nieces were to stay in the room mom normally sleeps in. It has two single beds which can be attached to form a queen bed. Mom got the other space bedroom with the single bed (this room also acts as my study). I am as usual in my master bedroom.
Just the day before I had managed to find the TV cable at the mart. So we have two working TVs in my condo...I have plans to increase this number with an LCD TV.
Since it was not too hot a day at 3pm, SIL, nieces and I went over to the swimming pool for a fun time. The girls loved it!
In the evening my sister who lives just a few streets away and her sons joined us. We all went to see a show unit of another condominium that is currently being built.
The show unit which I had seen of my condo a few years ago were definitely of a better standard.
The girls went to the playground after that while I took the boys swiming again.
That night we had dinner at my sister's. BIL came home from work in time to join us.
We all watched a VCD of Kung Fu Panda. Good movie for a family outing.
We all got back to the condo tired but happy. Bigger niece asked me if my condo was a hotel....her questions have a way of pleasing me always!
Next morning we all went swimming again. Then we went out for breakfast and more shopping. Meantime I even managed to get my car polished at the mall!
I got me a pair of pants and a sweet top.
We got back to the condo for some rest before we drove back home. A short stop for lunch abd then....grocery shopping.
We all had a good break without having to spend too much shopping. Yes! My condo is a little like a hotel.....a free one for the family.
Saturday and my SIL had to attend a course yet a again. So bro, mom , girls and I had breakfast whilst his car was being washed.
After breakfast I packed more of my stuff and sent them off to the condo.
Bro has decided to move in on Sunday. My days at the family home is now numbered.
Its OK. I'll enjoy myself wherever I am.
Managed a phonecall to JAR in the morning. His stuff has been sent from storage to his new house. Some stuff needs cleaning, some no longer works well.
He sounds happy but also says that its starting to feel lonely living amongst things alone.
He might rent out to a house mate. I am NOT for the idea. I feel that privacy is of utmost importance. I told him that. Must see the development of this new idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home