Thursday, July 31, 2008

Blogging

I enjoy reading other people's blogs.

When I started blogging myself, it was more as an anti stress exercise as well as a method of recording my day/week/time.

Some blogs I have bookmarked cos they are such interesting reading as we get to 'follow' the developments of other people's lives. O yeah those are MY kind of blogs. I do (now and again) also read the politically inclined blogs but they are basically only relevant for 'the moment of issue'. I prefer reading about the lives of others.

There are so many interesting lives going on out there. Let me recall a few.



There was this blog written by a divorcee who was raising 4 kids. She talks about her daily life, about falling in love again (but the mother of the new guy did not approve), of breaking up, etc. I 'followed' her thru moving house, unpleasant meets with her ex, and her kids going to boarding school, her eldest son getting married, etc. Sadly now she doesnt write much. After leaving her job I guess she has less access to free computer time? Who knows?



There was another popular blog by a lady who used to live in Japan. She too has stopped writing much after being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (sp???). Just reading about her everyday life proved to be interesting. She had a son and a husband and lots of friends.



Some people in show business like to write too. Currently I read one by an artiste manager. Its fun to read cos he talks about people u seen onscreen in very human terms. Another blog is by the hubby of a film star. I think he takes a big risk by writing under his own name. What if things sour between them? What if he accidently writes something picked up by gossip writers who prey the blogs? So far he has played safe and written mostly about his stuff like motorcycles.



There is this yuppie lady who writes fun articles. She does alot of marathon, jungle walking. She must be a very busy person cos she too doesnt write often.



One of the most important traits in blogging is that it needs updating often. Whenever your blog is visited, people will only return often if there's new stuff to read about. Being a blogger myself, I know most often everyday life takes over and you cannot write for long periods of time.



I also visit blogs written by leaders, great men. I love to read great minds! Of course the best ones will be written by retired great men who actually have the time to do so. It is my belief that men currently holding top posts leave the writing in blogs to their agents. I dont read those.


I also check out blogs of those who have responded to mine. There's one by a lady who calls herself by the name of a flower. I dont quite understand who she is. it isnt clear if she is married or living with someone but sometimes she writes sadly about a lost love.

The newer respondants too. Noel has an interesting blog...but he too prolly has a sad side when he writes about his kids. Richard has a blog thats not too personal. I remember looking at some very pretty pics there. Keledec has a totally Chinese blog that I will prolly never be able to read.

There are many blogs written by stay at home moms. U get an overdose of pictures of their kids. Yeaaah they are ALL very cute. Yawnnnn.

At the back of my mind, I think the internet is a dangerous place to be if u are not too careful. Write from your heart but make true identity a mystery. Make friends in cyberspace but police who u let into your real world. I have personally only TWO persons from the cyberworld and thank God they are the nicest people on earth. There are many frightening stories of friends from cyberworld turning to be werewolves in disguise....so do be careful.

OK enough writing for today....my turn to go read now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Noel said...

I couldn't agree more. I've scrutinized mine quite a bit and have removed older, more personal posts. I guess I have some blog spring cleaning to do

1:34 PM  
Blogger akumangkok said...

Yup, we make friends online but safety still overides lots of stuff!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home