Monday, August 04, 2008

No fireworks but it was a great weekend!

As the title says, the fireworks hoped for still has not arrived.

It was a great weekend still.


We got a visit from my cousin who brought along her mom, my 80+ year old aunt. Aunt is at the start of alzheimer's. She forgets most new stuff but still has retention of her old memories. My family belongs to old memories part so she remembers us well. She was glad to see us. She kissed us all well and good. She talks of old times. We are slowly losing her. I have deep sadness over this.


JAR's renovations and landscaping is almost done. He is happy.


It has turned out better than he had hoped for. The pics he sent showed me that is truly is so. A part of him wants to continue buying sad old houses to redo them into cheerful homes. He is quite capable of doing that but is the time right for this? Its a very good hobby to have....doing up your house...but its also a costly affair.


I spent a major part of the weekend with bro's family. We went out for breakfast two days in a row. Did some shopping, lazed around the house when it got too hot. Nieces are getting alot closer to me too. Hmmmm...I dont mind being favorite aunt!


I am still debatting about getting the limited edition handbag. I do have my birthday coming up so that could be the excuse to use for me getting it. Huh!!! I DONT need an excuse. Its well earned personal money. I can use it however I choose. On the other hand, it is WELL earned money. Why do I waste it on a bag and make some fancy spansee company even richer? Let the debate continue....




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home