Wednesday, August 20, 2008

thoughts on owning bags and houses

Had a meeting at the city center yesterday.
Then took the opportunity to shop.
I got me a bag....NOT the limited edition one. THAT one is gone, prolly already sold off to some rich bloke's mistress.
The bag I got is functional, has most of the qualities I look for in a bag .....broad base, place for keys, phone, zippered area for my finances, etc. It is quite unique, has an unusual zippered top, is NOT black (I normally tend to buy black ones but lately I make it a point NOT to).
Best of all it is NOT expensive and had a 20% discount offer.
What more could I ask for?
Friends did remark when they saw me with the bag today. Hmmm. Its quite an eye catcher too.

Now I have some extra funds to further invest.
SIL called me up to say thats its a good time to do so. The value of the unit trusts are down so I should buy further to cost average my investments lower.
OK. Thats one place where the money's going.

Tomorrow I take the day off. I deserve a break. It doesnt matter that my short vacation plans have fallen thru. I just need to ensure that I get some fun.
Some shopping (I need to get clothes next). Some investing (this is going to make SIL happy). Some swimming (I hope to get my nephews and nieces to join in).

JAR has been very quiet lately. Last I heard the movers are sending his stuff from storage this week. He too needs to 'recuperate' from all the house fixing expenditures. He seems happy and satisfied with the house project.
I understand.
There is a part of me that is very proud of my condo and all that it represents.
Its about being 'free' and 'independent'.
Its about owning and belonging.
Its about being somewhere where u can be your true self.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home